Have you always wanted to learn how to sew? Did you take home ec in junior high but haven’t sewn since? This is the class for you!
This 6-hour course (broken into two 3-hour sessions) covers all the basics to get you sewing. You’ll learn the parts of a sewing machine, how to thread it (including how to wind a bobbin),sewing terminology, essential tools, how to read a pattern and more. Students complete a small project in the first class; the second half of the class is spent sewing a larger project (a roomy tote bag with patch pocket).
Taught by Mary Abreu.
Download the supply list here!
- You should receive a class supply list about 2 weeks prior to the class by email unless you have stopped by the shop to get one in person.
- You may cancel a class up to two weeks prior to class for a full refund.
- We will only cancel a class if we have to.
- If you miss part of a multi-session class we can try to get you in the next class with a processing fee (fee is determined by the length of the class) to cover the lost spot in that class.
- Unless noted as a "hand work class," classes require you to bring your own sewing machine. While we may be able to obtain a loaner machine, it is best to use a machine you're already familiar with; beginners will benefit from learning on the same machine they will use outside of class.