Classes are listed below and on the website.
* Class sign up for our $10, one-hour creativity kick-starter classes are open from Tuesday, June 7, through Friday, June 10.
* Please read the class description for information about the class, including skills covered and whether a sewing machine is required.
* One-hour classes: Download a copy of the class supply list from the class page on our website; a copy will also be emailed to enrolled students on Monday, June 13.
* Classes begin and end promptly as scheduled.
* Students may set up their spaces no more than 15 minutes prior to the start of the class.
Ongoing IQ class policies:
*You should receive a class supply list about 2 weeks prior to the class by email unless you have stopped by the shop to get one in person.
*Class cancellation policy
You can cancel a class up to two weeks prior to class for a full refund. We will only cancel a class if we have to. If you miss a class we can try to get you in the next class with a fee (fee is determined by the length of the class) to cover the lost spot in that class.
Thursday, 6/23, noon-1 p.m. $10
Get the scoop on string piecing, a fun and fast way to foundation piece. Great for using up your scraps to create quilt blocks! This is a hands-on technique class. Bring your sewing machine and supplies. Taught by Sandy Stites
Continuous Bias Binding
Saturday, 6/25, noon-1 p.m. $10
Learn an efficient, exact method for creating bias binding for your quilts by sewing your fabric before you cut a single strip. This is a hands-on technique class. Bring your sewing machine and supplies. Taught by Sheila Blair
Jersey Knit Reverse Applique
Monday, 6/27, 7:30-8:30 p.m. $10
Big stitch quilting, soft jersey knit, and your favorite quilting cotton make for a wonderful throw. Come learn the technique so you can make one of your own! This is a hands-on class; additional supplies will need to be purchased. Taught by Leslie Piper.
Wednesday, 6/29, noon-1 p.m. $10
Make an easy knit tee using your sewing machine or serger. So quick and easy, you won't believe it! This is a hands-on class with additional preparation required prior to the class. Pattern not included in class fee. Taught by Mary Abreu. This class filled quickly the last time we offered it and we're happy to get it on the schedule again!
Envelope-Back Pillow Cover
Friday, 7/1, noon-1 p.m. $10
Learn an easy technique for turning left-over quilt blocks into removable pillow covers. This is a hands-on class. Bring your sewing machine and supplies, as well as paper and pen for taking notes. Taught by Mary Abreu